Accessory Mascots

Advertising Mascots:  Howe Fire Apparatus Company.

Advertising mascot for the Howe Fire Apparatus Company.  In 1872 B J C Howe the founder of the company invented the first piston type water pump that could be fitted to horse drawn fire fighting equipment in the United States.  During its early years the company was located in Indianapolis and was known as the Howe Pump and Engine Company.  They moved to Anderson, Indiana in 1917 during the first world war to mount fire fighting equipment on vehicle chassis built by the Lambert Co.  Their equipment can now be seen mounted on a range of vehicles.