Accessory Mascots

Courtesy The Motor July 9th 1929:  Crossley Motors Ltd.

The Crossley Motors Ltd, first built cars in 1904 and ended car production in 1937 but continued to built bus bodies up until 1958.  The approved company mascot was that of a nickel plated naked woman standing on a winged wheel, two sizes were available.  The large one was known as the Golden Lady standing 6 inches tall and was fitted to 20.9hp as per advertisement, the small size known as the Silver Lady, standing just over 4 inches tall was fitted to the 10hp, 15.7hp and the 2-litre models, both mascots were produced by A.E..L. however not all the early ones are marked A,E.L.