Accessory Mascots

Courtesy The Motor July 24th 1946:  Wolseley Jubilee.

In 1946 Wolseley celebrated its 50 years of manufacturing.  The first Wolseley was a single-cylinder two-horsepower three wheeler, made by the company's manager, Herbert Austin in 1896.  The first four wheeled Wolseley appeared in 1899 and was a 3.5 horse-power model.  The mascot has always been a winged "W", early mascots can be found with the horsepower rating in an enamel disc attached above the winged "W".